INGREDIENTS:
1 (12 ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained 2 tablespoons
olive oil
salt (optional)
garlic salt (optional)
cayenne pepper (optional)
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
2. Blot chickpeas with a paper towel to dry them. In a bowl, toss chickpeas with olive oil, and season to taste with salt, garlic salt, and cayenne pepper, if using. Spread on a baking sheet, and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until browned and crunchy. Watch carefully the last few minutes to avoid burning.
4 servings
Notes: I took these out after 20min and let them cool and shook them around. Then put them back in for about 15 minutes. Some started to burn, so I just never put them back in. Most of them are really crunchy, but some of them seem to be 95% crunchy. Also, it comes out to be 1/2tbs per serving. Which is more than the 2tsp allotment for core. I kind of cover my eyes and plug up my ears. But you could easily cut the olive oil in half - you'd probably have to be a little more concerned about burning though.
Rating: ROCKING! I will make these again and again, I plan to experiment with other beans.